Work for a cause.
- Thank you for your interest in joining the team at the Austin Humane Society! Our current open positions are posted below.
Animal Care Specialist
The Austin Humane Society is the largest no-kill, non-profit pet adoption center in Austin. We currently have an opening for a full-time Intake Specialist in our Receiving Department. Duties include evaluating dogs and cats upon intake, cleaning animal areas, providing exemplary customer service, computer data entry and general office duties. The ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills and a minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service position is required. This is an extremely fast-paced environment and weekend hours are mandatory as well as a valid driver's license. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Katelen Knef, Veterinary Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Care Specialist
The Austin Humane Society currently has an opening for an Animal Care Specialist in our Animal Care Department. Duties include cleaning animal areas, performing behavioral evaluations, socializing animals, animal transport and providing exemplary customer service to volunteers and guests. The ability to multi-task, a strong background in customer service and organizational skills are required. This is a labor intensive position. A valid driver's license and weekend hours are mandatory. No previous experience required. To apply, please submit a resume to Sara Lang, Foster Care/Animal Care Supervisor, at email@example.com.
The Austin Humane Society currently has an opening for an experienced Surgery and Clinic Technician. Duties include assisting during high volume spay and neuter, physical evaluation of animals, dispensing medication, cleaning and caring for animals, as well as computer data entry and general office duties. The ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills and a minimum of 2 years of previous technician and surgery experience are required. This is an extremely fast-paced and high volume shelter and weekend hours are mandatory. To apply, please submit a cover letter, references, and a resume to Katelen Knef, Veterinary Services Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing agency branding, publications, donor communications, website, social media, and general marketing of the agency, events, and individual animals.
Agency Publications & Donor Communications
- Write & design a variety of agency publications, including print newsletters & solicitations, weekly email newsletters, email solicitations, annual report, annual calendar, brochures, one pagers, animal success stories, advocacy related communication, promotional items, etc.
- Work with vendors to produce & mail agency publications
- Write a variety of donor communications, including thank you letters (updated monthly), donor program materials, major donor proposals, and solicitations
- Oversee a comprehensive direct mail program, including act as the liaison to the direct mail vendor. In partnership with Director of Development & Marketing, develop an annual direct mail strategy, plan, schedule, and budget. Revise and approve all direct mail artwork and mailing lists. Oversee voice broadcast recordings.
- Work collaboratively with Development staff to write & design event collateral, including sponsor packets, invitations, programs, etc.
- Produce high quality videos, PSA’s, and fundraising stories as needed
- Create high quality photographs for publications & marketing needs
- Oversee implementation of agency branding throughout the organization
Website & Social Media
- Oversee development & maintenance of the Austin Humane Society website
- Work with vendors and internal staff to maintain a high quality website
- Regularly update content to reflect programmatic changes, animal changes, and consistency across the organization
- Develop & implement strategies, timelines, & content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, & Linked In) & the AHS blog
- Oversee individual animal marketing, including creating guidelines for photography, videos, bios, and signage
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage volunteers’ individual animal marketing efforts
Budget & Metrics
- Develop & meet annual fundraising goals for newsletter, online giving, direct mail & gift boutique
- Maintain all expenses within budget
- Track, monitor and evaluate email, social media, and website metrics
- Represent AHS at speaking engagements, workplace giving opportunities, special events, and education group tours as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- A minimum of one year experience in marketing required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Advanced computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office required
- InDesign and Photoshop skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commitment to the mission and values of AHS
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Angela Osborn, Director of Development, at email@example.com by Friday, July 25th, 2014. No phone calls please.