Work for a cause.
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at the Austin Humane Society! Our current open position is posted below.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for: managing the donor database; processing all donations; producing database reports, exports, and queries; and preparing donation acknowledgements. The Database Coordinator reports to the Director of Development & Marketing and works with a variety of donors, volunteers, staff and other constituents.
Database Management and Gift Entry
- Manage the donor database
- Process all donations including: identifying appeals and applying appropriate coding for segmentation; entering all donations into the donor database and preparation of the deposit
- Process all NetCommunity donations
- Process Monthly Donations and assist Development Manager with monthly donor management
- Prepare and distribute all donation, pledge, memorial and tax acknowledgments
- Produce database reports, exports and queries as well as imports into database
- Train other staff in using the database
- Develop and implement policies/procedures related to data management, data entry, and donation acknowledgements
- Manage the registration & check-out process for the Rags to Wags gala including developing procedures, training volunteers, coordinating equipment with IT consultant, and assuring that all attendees have a positive experience at registration and check-out.
- Prepare Lists for all Mailings and Emails
- Tracking of AHS Raffle Tickets
- Maintain records for restricted funding and pledges
- Reconcile monthly with Finance Director
- Maintain donor files/records in an organized and concise manner
- Attend AHS events, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- At least one year of experience in database management required
- Raiser’s Edge experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Excellent organization, communication and customer service skills
- Attention to detail, including the ability to proofread documents and maintain accuracy of details in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Commitment to the mission and values of AHS
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 13th. No phone calls please.
Interested in getting involved as a volunteer? Please visit our Volunteer Page to learn more!