Caring for more than 11,000 animals a year means we go through a lot of stuff – food, bowls, toys, blankets, towels, kitty litter, etc. So we are happy to take your in-kind donations.
Consider printing out this Wish List and sharing it with your friends, coworkers, Girl Scout Troop or fantasy football league. Host a Donation Drive in your office or social club, and we'll take whatever you have!
Heritage Ranch by H-E-B generously supports the Austin Humane Society by donating dry food for our pets. To prevent stomach upset, we keep our pets on a consistent diet and request Heritage Ranch by H-E-B brand dry food only. H-E-B donates 1% of all Heritage Ranch sales in Central Texas to AHS, so when you purchase food for our animals, you're giving even more!
Our Wish List
- Gift Cards to Bark n' Purr, Tomlinson's, PetsMart, PetCo, Target, & Home Depot
- Paper Towels
- Small Puppy Pads
- Metal Litter Pans
- 21st Century (Kitten and Puppy Milk Replacement)
- Peanut Butter (creamy, sealed, non-organic and unexpired)
- Cans of Easy Cheese
- Kitten Bottle Sets
- Wet cat food of any type- Pate style
- Wet Dog Food of any type
- Litter Scoops
- Small Two-Sided Cat Bowls
- Cat Toys (any type)
- Small Cat Beds
- Wash Cloths
- Bottle Kits
- Royal Canin Baby Cat Dry Food
- Top-Loading Pet Carriers
- Snuggle Safe Warmers
- Cans of Tuna (packed in water)
- Meat Flavored Baby Food (no onion)
- Stainless Steel Bowls (non-spill, any size)
- Non-Clumping Feline Pine Cat Litter
- Bedding (towels, blankets without stuffing, Karunda beds and supplies)
- Small Electric Heating Pads without timers
- Premier collars and EZ Walk Harnesses
- Greenies "Pill Pockets"
- Hard Rubber Activity Dog Toys (ex. Kong Wobbler, “Linkables,” Nylabone)
- Rawhide flips or chips (plain, unbasted)
- Can openers
- Medical supplies (digital thermometers, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, unopened distilled water)
- Cleaning supplies (brooms, dust pans, hand sanitizer, rubber gloves, sponges)
Visit our Amazon.com Wish List to see what we need most urgently at this moment and have it shipped directly to us!
Stuff We CAN'T Accept
- Expired Medications
- Pill Bottles
- Shredded Paper
- Plastic Litter Pans or Bowls
- Shock, Prong, Flea or Choke Collars
- Grooming Supplies
- Used Computer Equipment Older than 2 years and/or Not in Good Working Condition
- Homemade Dog and Cat Treats
- Over the Counter Flea Treatments
Donations can be dropped off at 124 W. Anderson Ln., Austin, between 7am – 7pm, Monday through Friday; between 12pm – 7pm, Saturday; and between 12pm – 5pm on Sundays.