Work for a cause.
Development & Education Coordinator
The Development & Education Coordinator is responsible for managing AHS donor programs while overseeing educational opportunities to engage the community in AHS’ mission and work. The Development & Education Coordinator reports to the Chief Development & Communications Officer and works with a variety of donors, volunteers, staff and other constituents.
- Donor Programs
- Manage through monitoring, evaluating and expanding Monthly Donor Program.
- Manage through monitoring, evaluating and expanding Friendship Wall Donor Program.
- Manage through monitoring, evaluating and expanding Adopt-a-Kennel Program.
- Manage through monitoring, evaluating and expanding Sponsor-a-Pet Program.
- Manage through monitoring, evaluating and expanding Car Donation (Autos for Animals) Program.
- Donor Relations
- Stewardship of Mid-Level Donors.
- Oversee In-kind Donation Wish List and stewardship of the donations.
- Oversee all programming for children including Brownies, Summer Kids Series, Humane Heroes Program, etc.
- Oversee all group tours requested from website.
- Attend workplace giving fairs and special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Minimum two years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, event planning, education programming or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, including the ability to maintain accuracy of details in a fast-paced setting.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information.
- An energetic self-starter.
- Advanced computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office required. Raiser’s Edge and Greater Giving experience preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and values of AHS.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 3rd. No phone calls please.
The Austin Humane Society currently has an opening for an experienced Veterinary Technician.
- Assisting during high-volume spay and neuter surgeries (Trap-Neuter-Return and adoption animals)
- Physical evaluation, triage, and care of the animals currently in our adoption and foster program
- Performing microscopic evaluations and dispensing medication as prescribed by the veterinarians
- Cleaning, caring, and feeding patients housed in the clinic (other areas as needed)
- Computer data entry and general office duties
The ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills and a minimum of 2 years of previous technician experience are preferred. This is an extremely fast-paced environment and a weekend day is mandatory. This positions is 4 days a week at 10 hours each shift (with a one hour lunch break).
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Part Time Animal Care Specialist
The Austin Humane Society currently has an opening for a Part Time Animal Care Specialist in our Animal Care Department.
- Cleaning animal areas and kennel upkeep
- Animal transport
- Socializing animals
- Providing support to other departments
- Providing exemplary customer service to volunteers and guests
The ability to multi-task, a strong background in customer service and organizational skills are required. This is a labor intensive position. A valid driver’s license and weekend hours are mandatory. No previous animal experience required, but at least 1 year old customer service experience is strongly preferred. $10/hour.
Please send your resume to Sarah Hammel (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls please.