Amplify Austin Humane Society
By Mike Raab
I happen to come across the Austin Humane Society (AHS) Development and Marketing team last night, at Red’s Porch, in South Austin. Amplify Austin had just kicked off at 6pm. This 24 hour fund raising event, helps local non-profits with matching funds achieve some of their annual goals, like AHS who help our local animal community.
Feverishly working both on their social media accounts, and greeting the patrons as they entered the restaurant, the AHS team was not daunted by the cold temps of upper 30 degrees. The cold did not hinder their enthusiasm for their work; they seemed passionate about the cause and counted every donation as it arrived, no matter how small.
The attention of everyone quickly shifted when Oliver showed up. Oliver was raised a puppy at AHS, but found the hearts of a young couple, who took him into their loving home.
The couple brought their dog over to the team who remembered him from his days at AHS. He immediately captured the attention of everyone around; he was quite the center of attention. I understand though, his brother Willie, still resides at the Humane Society, waiting for his adoption parents to arrive.
It was fun to see a success story, like Oliver.
Within the first hour, the team had received over thirteen thousand dollars in donations, towards their $50K goal. However, this is only a fraction of what they really need. We still have until 6pm tonight to realize the goal. You can help the Austin Humane Society carry out the important work they do here locally, of helping animals in need.
So with your donations, and the matching dollars available today through Amplify Austin, I bet you that we can help them over achieve the mark!
Make your donations here: https://amplifyatx.ilivehereigivehere.org/austinhumanesociety/overview
Thank you for your support.
Help Amplify AHS!
We are just 7 days away from Amplify Austin 2014!
Help the Austin Humane Society raise $35,000 as part of the city wide giving goal of $4 million dollars!
How Can You Help?
- Donate! You can donate now by scheduling your donation on the Austin Humane Society page or donate instantly during the 24 hour giving period from Thursday March 20th at 6pm until Friday March 21st at 6pm online.
- Create your personal fundraiser page- This is your own page with a unique URL that you can send out to friends via social media. You can track your fundraising progress and raise anywhere from $50 to $5,000! Create your page here by creating an account and then adding a fundraiser under the My Fundraiser tab. Once approved by AHS-you can start fundraising! Make sure to create your page before March 20!
- Spread the word on social media- Re-post stories, photos and links from AHS' Facebook page or weekly eScoop newsletters.
- Attend our event at The Microsoft Store at The Domain- Meet adoptable animals, grab a snack and donate to AHS or just stop by and say hi from 6-9pm on Thursday March 20th, read more details here.
See how much the city is raising live during the 24 hour period on the main Amplify Austin homepage.
Help us save lives and Amplify Austin! With your help we can do it!
Resolve to Improve Your Pet's Life This Year!
In January, we always spend time resolving to improve our lives and our actions in the coming year, but don't stop there! Resolve to do the following things for your pets and you're sure to have happier, healthier pets this year!
- Resolve to brush, groom and bathe your pet regularly and to check your pet's nails, ears and teeth weekly.
- Help your pets stay healthy and lose weight by taking them on more walks, throwing the ball more often or providing them with active toys and games!
- Make sure that you don't miss your yearly vet check up!
- Did you know that the majority of pets in the U.S. are overweight? Read the label on your pet's food to ensure you're feeding the the correct amount! Remember -- you should feed them for the weight they should be, not the weight they are.
- Try something new with your pet! Whether it's a new training class, dog sport, hiking trail, game, or type of toy, enrich your pet's life this year by adding in some variety!
- And last, but not least, resolve to love them unconditionally for another year!
If you have questions on how you can improve your pet's health, help them lose weight or address behavior concerns, make sure to talk to your vet!