Adopting an animal at the Austin Humane Society is a simple process, and we have a dedicated staff of Adoption Counselors to help you through the process.
How to Adopt an Animal at AHS
1. Browse the animals online or just stop in during our shelter hours.
2. Fill out an adoption application, then get to know the animal. Play with them, take them for a quick walk, or just sit with them.
3. Talk to your Adoption Counselor about the animal---their personality, their history, what to expect, etc.
4. Once you've decided to adopt, you'll fill out the paperwork onsite and go home that day! (Please note: if you are adopting a dog and own a dog already, you'll need to set up a dog introduction onsite at AHS)
5. Enjoy your lifetime of unconditional love.